Download e-book for iPad: Agricultural Policy Monitoring and Evaluation 2011: OECD by OECD

By OECD

ISBN-10: 9264106170

ISBN-13: 9789264106178

ISBN-10: 9264106375

ISBN-13: 9789264106376

For the 1st time, the tracking and overview document of agricultural guidelines covers OECD member nations (including the hot individuals who joined in the course of 2010 Chile, Estonia, Israel and Slovenia) and chosen key rising economies: Brazil, China, Russia, South Africa and Ukraine. This version exhibits that, after a rise in 2009, manufacturer aid within the OECD sector declined in 2010, confirming the downward development in help to farmers. the fashion in rising economies exhibits a few raise within the point of help, even though it remains good less than the OECD ordinary. This file is a special resource of updated estimates of help to agriculture and is complemented through person chapters on agricultural coverage advancements in all nations lined within the document. info for the calculations of aid can be found online www.oecd.org/agriculture/PSET

Show description

Read or Download Agricultural Policy Monitoring and Evaluation 2011: OECD Countries and Emerging Economies PDF

Similar environmental policy books

Download PDF by Claire L. Parkinson: Coming Climate Crisis? Consider the Past, Beware the Big Fix

Decisively slicing throughout the hyperbole on each side of the controversy, exotic NASA climatologist Claire L. Parkinson brings much-needed stability and point of view to the hugely contentious factor of weather swap. delivering a deeply an expert evaluate of world stipulations earlier and current, the writer lays out a compelling argument that our understandings and types are insufficient for convinced predictions of the meant and unintentional results of varied initiatives now into consideration to switch destiny weather.

Read e-book online The GM Debate: Risk, Politics and Public Engagement PDF

This ebook tells the tale of an extraordinary scan in public participation: the government-sponsored debate at the attainable commercialization of ‘GM’ plants within the united kingdom. Giving a distinct and systematic account of the talk approach, this revealing quantity units it inside its political and highbrow contexts, and examines the sensible implications for destiny public engagement projects.

New PDF release: Biodiversity and Environmental Change: Monitoring,

Long term ecological facts are severe for informing long term tendencies in biodiversity and traits in environmental switch. The Terrestrial surroundings learn community (TERN) is a big initiative of the Australian executive and certainly one of its key parts of funding is to supply investment for a community of long term ecological study plots round Australia (LTERN).

Additional info for Agricultural Policy Monitoring and Evaluation 2011: OECD Countries and Emerging Economies

Example text

In the OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook (OECD, 2011a). Developing country markets often lack the capacity to absorb domestic shocks, and can be subject to high domestic and local price volatility even during periods of calm international markets. While weather shocks, pests or other natural calamities and limited access to technologies play an important role, those factors are exacerbated by often poorly functioning markets that could smooth out local production shortfalls. Poor infrastructure, high transport costs, absence of credit or insurance markets may compound the initial difficulty.

All countries lie below this line, reflecting a varying combination of relatively low labour productivity in agriculture (most significant in emerging countries) and the significance of off-farm incomes (the main explanation in higher income OECD countries). Russia and Ukraine were in an unusual situation in 1990, with labour in agriculture more productive than labour in other sectors, following the collapse of industry at this time. Source: World Bank, World Development Indicators. 1. DIVERSITY AMONG NEW OECD MEMBER COUNTRIES AND EMERGING ECONOMIES less productive labour leaving the sector.

In South Africa, about 80% of agricultural land is occupied by commercial farms, with the remaining 20% farmed by smallholders (a similar breakdown to that in Brazil). However, half the commercial farms earn less than ZAR 300 000 (USD 36 800) per annum, suggesting that most of South Africa’s commercial farms are relatively small economic units in international terms. There are about 240 000 small-scale farmers who provide a livelihood to more than 1 million of their family members and occasional employment to another half million.

Download PDF sample

Agricultural Policy Monitoring and Evaluation 2011: OECD Countries and Emerging Economies by OECD


by Joseph
4.4

Rated 4.84 of 5 – based on 40 votes